Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 7-11, 2016 Week 26

I am glad to be well and back at school with my class.  It was a tough week and my heart went out to the students for having to have a sub for 3 days! I missed them so much!  They were very sweet and helpful when I returned.  They worked hard to catch up on missed lessons and activities that were being made for Open House.  Just another reason why I love my class! They are the best group of first graders EVER! 

Since I was out last week, we will take our spelling test and reading test over "A Trip to Washington D.C." on Monday morning.  

This week we will read " A Southern Ranch."  It is a story about things that happen on a ranch in the southern part of the United States.  Our reading skills are to blend and read words with the long i sound spelled -igh, -ie; identify facts and details; adjectives that tell what kind; consonant patterns kn, wr; and Saxon Phonics.

In Math we will continue to identify and count coins; and use data to make a graph.

In Science we will study objects in the sky; sun, moon, and the stars.

In Social Studies we will investigate natural characteristics of the environment.


Upcoming Events...
March 8 ~ Open House
March 9 ~ Children's Museum
March 10 ~ Report Cards
March 14-18 ~ Spring Break
March 22 ~ Kona Ice Snowcones
March 24 ~ Group Pictures
April 1-8 ~ Scholastic Book Fair
April 5 ~ Math/Science Night

Congratulations to Jenna and Aboss for earning 25 AR points and getting a blue AR shirt!  Our class continues to soar in AR reading!   YAY!






Dr Seuss Reading Day!



Hello back to my sweet class!  I missed you too!

We have 2 more pictures coming next week of friends, Levi and Elias earning a blue and gold AR shirt on Monday.  I am beaming with excitement at the success that my students are making in reading!  They are confident, eager and motivated readers!  It seems that each week someone is getting recognized for earning AR points.  We are so excited for each other!  :)

Thanks for visiting us!  It's been a tough week filled with sickness but we made it through!  Thank God we are doing better.  I hope that next week everyone has a terrific Spring Break!  



No comments:

Post a Comment